Continuing on my quest for healthy & delicious gluten free, vegan yumminess for my favourite meal of the day (breakfast, for those of you are wondering), I found this.... Chia Jam! It is so quick & easy to make, and crazy healthy compared to store bought jams & jellies. It's raw, contains no added sugar (just the natural stuff from the blackberries), plus it has the added nutrient packed extra of the new super seed, chia!
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon water
- agave nectar or stevia to taste
- Mash the blackberries with a fork (if they are frozen, be sure to let them thaw first).
- Transfer the fruit into a jar, mix in the chia seeds & water.
- You may not need any but you could add a drizzle of agave nectar or a few drops liquid stevia, it just depends how sweet you want the jam.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Toast a slice of your favourite gluten free bread, spread with your fresh homemade chia jam & serve. Delicious and oh so healthy!