- 4 slices of gluten free bread
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla soy or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract
- maple syrup (to serve)
- 2 handfuls fresh berries (to serve) - I like raspberries or blueberries for breakfast/brunch
- tiny bit of vegan spread, I used Earth Balance
- Add the bananas, milk, almond butter, cinnamon, & vanilla extract together in a food processor, & pulse until fully combined. If the batter is too thick, you can add more milk.
- Pour the batter into a large dish & soak the slices of gluten free bread.
- Heat a large non stick skillet, & add the vegan spread.
- When the spread has melted, carefully (gluten free bread breaks up very easily) place the soaked bread in the skillet to cook.
- When the bottom of the bread has turned a dark golden brown (not burnt, but the darker the bread is the less likely it will fall apart), flip it using a spatula.
- Cook the 2nd side until just turning golden.
- Plate up the french toast, drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle with berries and serve warm. YUM :)